Monday, April 15, 2019

Millard Street - College expansion - acqusition of property

This was west of Kenyon, part of that whole neighborhood taken by the college as it expanded in the 1950s and '60s. Someone posted in "Remembering Brockport" in Facebook about visiting Brockport with her mother, who had lived there, contacted me... I have replied and asked her parents names and street number, so I can see what I have. There are a number of files re house/property acquisitions, but at a glance I only see one Millard St. file.

As I looked through the files in RG20/1 I was struck by the fact that there were several college people who had their homes acquired. Wolf, library secretary, McCrory, librarian, several others..

Update: there is only one file for Millard St., #22. There were at one time, c1945, 7 or 8 houses on there. The files we have on property acquisition seem to be late '50s, early - mid '60s. Some of Millard had already been acquired by then, but the records are not in the archives

No comments:

Post a Comment