Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Spring 2018 Interns

This spring have 3 interns, a much more manageable set than the 6 I had last spring! One, Qiqian, is doing a 3 credit internship working with me on our photo collections. Yesterday for example she scanned a set of 35mm negative strips I had found in processing, a 1962 CSEA award banquet. After scanning the strips, cropping and saving individual pics, she started working trying to ID the people. I may post some on FaceBook in the Remembering Brockport page for ID as well. A lot of the attention goes to faculty, civil service staff not so much..


Another intern, Rani, is doing a 3 credit too, on some research projects, starting with the Summer Arts Festival that ran c1960-1980s. I have little organized material on that, and it will be great to pull together what can be found from the Stylus, get a timeline, list of plays, venues, photos...


Lastly Lyndsey, who has interned before, is doing a smaller, 1 credit internship, focusing on helping me with sorting, processing etc.


UPDATE: Now have a third student doing a 3 credit internship, Tyler, who did one last fall. He will be working with me to inventory and organize better some collections, starting with the map cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment