Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Local history: who has what...?

   An upcoming project hopefully, I think it would be a good idea:


   I was emailing with Sue Savard at the Knapp Museum in town and part of the conversation was about the question of who people should contact re local history questions, who has what information etc. It isn't clear to people, should they go to the Morgan Manning House, the Knapp Museum, contact me at the college, the Brockport Community Museum...?

 I was just thinking, it might help if I created a libguide (an online guide, we do lots of them here,) specifically for local history, and detail as much as is possible who has what, when they're open, how to contact... Below is a link to the one I have specific to the college archives as an example. So something simple, but helpful hopefully, with a tab for each of the history groups in town... Then each group could have a link on their webpage to the guide, to provide more help and information for researchers.





No comments:

Post a Comment