Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Roland "Sandy" Sandberg '59

His widow, Doris (Collins '59,) contacted me telling how he had died quite young, in 1963, and she wanted to see if I had any photos etc. of him. He had played on the soccer team in college, and I did find some photos, Stylus articles, and Saga materials I could scan, edit, merge etc. to send her. She was very happy to get them and looking forward to sharing them with their adult children.


Update: after I'd sent two batches of photos etc., I got the following note from Doris Collins, a nice part of this job, to be able to help like this:




Dear Mr. Cowling,
    You have been wonderful and thank you so much for all the pictures and articles you sent.  I've been sharing them with the family and they sure brought lots of happiness to all of us and to Me.  Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment