Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Course Descriptions & Course Syllabi

Had a request for course descriptions recently, and now another one today, and both ask about course syllabi, as well as the catalog description. The archives has a pretty complete run of catalogs, from the 1840s up to about 2011, but, there is no collection of syllabi. Those are the material of whoever is teaching the class, and they keep or discard as seems best to them. Those do not come to the archives, and generally I have no idea who taught a course anyway, the catalog description does not give it, and I have only a scattered run of class schedules. Even if I found the course in the class schedule for the given year, it might have taught by multiple people, they may no longer work here etc. I also don't know that I would feel comfortable asking a faculty member if they had their syllabi from some class...

No comments:

Post a Comment