Thursday, January 24, 2019

"Greater Rochester Climatic Data Archives"

A query about this collection, and an individual whose records are part of it, came to me. The collection apparently included 19th century weather records from Rochester, and mention an E.W. McGann, according to a 1987 D&C article the questioner had read, and shared with me. He was particularly interested in McGann.


I never heard of this collection before, it isn't something that is, or ever was, in the college archives. I'm checking with Earth Science to see if they know of it, or have it. I let the questioner know that, and also shared the link to NYS Historic Newspapers, where I did find some mentions of a "Sgt" or "Chief" McGann of the weather service in the years 1880-1890. Will be interested to hear if this collection is still here, and will update this post when I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment