Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Guerrilla Girls possible donation

A 1970s alum contacted us re a donation related to this group. The background is her involvement as a young woman c1980 with the actor William Hurt, with many connections to the "#me too" movement of today. The materials are not connected to Brockport, but relate to this group that was formed, feminist activists... I have responded to her, and hope to meet her while here in Brockport, but I do feel it might be better in a larger setting where it would get the attention it deserves. It really seems like a collection that is a little out of my league here so to speak.

UPDATE: am meeting her Th @10am.We met and had a cordial chat, and agreed that this material would be better served at some larger, better staffed and secured archives. I am going to check around and make some further suggestions, one I made already was Cornell's women's studies...

No comments:

Post a Comment