Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Methodist church clock tower & Capen Hose

After last nights presentation at Morgan Manning on the reaper business, which went well, was approached by a couple of people wanting help with projects. One is a Lions member, they are looking at sponsoring the restoration of the clock in the Methodist church, and he is looking for history on the clock. I said I'd see what I can find, and also suggested the Knapp Museum.


Another person is a member of the Capen Hose museum, and we on the Brockport Community Museum have started to work on a historical panel for them. He had some other questions, and I offered what I knew, and said would look for more.


Update: heard from both, sent the one some images of Capen Hose, for the Lions club member I searched a bit, found an Elwell column on the clock, and a 1914 Brockport Republic article detailing the clock and its installation, saved and sent to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment