Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nursing caps

Interesting detail here on nursing caps, a grad from '79 looking for a pic of them in the caps; a quick look in yearbook didn't reveal anything, but will look more closely - also look at Dusen photos from that year. If I find one there should let Jim know!

Follow up - more searching by student assistant Candace turned up a page of photo negatives from 1981 of a nursing "capping" ceremony. Scanned and sent several to the alum, who was very pleased to get them.

I graduated as Carleen A Bedell with a BSN from SUNY Brockport in 1979 and am looking for photos of our nursing caps from yearbooks from 78 or 79. I have asked the School of Nursing and Kay's Caps to no avail. Would you be willing to send me a photo of our cap? As a Junior I think we wore 1 thin green stripe vertically on the back edge of the cuff. As a Senior I think we added a gold stripe next to it. Then when we were ready to graduate, we switched to a thick green velvet stripe applied horizontally near the top edge of the entire cuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. At my current hospital (Tucson Medical Center) we wear whites and caps (if we have them) for Nurses' Week ceremonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment